A Very Serious Warning About
The Catholic King Syndrome
Part I of this document (1) hinged on a four minute YouTube video (2) presentation from August 2010, in which Mr. Michael Voris spelled out his objectives (and the objectives of those who back him): the imposition of a Catholic Kingdom on Earth, to be led by a "Holy King” and a "Holy Pope."
In this Part II we will extensively cover two more facets of Mr. Voris' agenda (and the agenda of his "handlers"): His Apocalyptic Vision and his Position on Jews and Judaism
[Note: Footnotes (1) and (2) may be found at the end of the document.]
Mr. Michael Voris' Apocalyptic Vision
In several of Voris’ programs, available through his own Youtube channel, Voris sets out an apocalyptic vision of the future. Imminent social collapse, persecution of the Church, and a new Dark Age will be followed by a new era in which the Church “will come forth from the carnage to once again shape human destiny.” Voris reiterated these views in programs issued in 2010, 2011, and 2012; they are his settled and considered beliefs. Implicitly, Voris is calling for – and expecting – the establishment of global Christendom, a new alliance of Throne and Altar.
In an August 9, 2010 video titled “Hope for the End,” Voris warned that the West’s “hellish downward spiral” is “simply irretrievable,” and that the “point of no return” came “with the acceptance of the sexual revolution by Catholics in the pews back in the Sixties.” Nevertheless, he told his conservative Catholic audience to “shine brightly. Our moment is approaching.” As he explained:
- “It’s not beyond reason that eventually, sooner or later, Catholics in the West are going to have to start dying for the Faith. The hellish downward spiral that the West is currently in is simply irretrievable. It might be slowed here or there; it cannot be halted – not by human agency. The point of no return was passed with the acceptance of the sexual revolution by Catholics in the pews back in the Sixties – who next, after abandoning the Faith, then abandoned the pews.” (3:14-3:40)
- “The skids are being greased, my fellow Catholics, for the final capitulation to evil in the West. ... So what do we do about it? First, wake up and realize midnight is fast approaching. There is little time left.” (4:04-4:15)
- “The clock is running out. A great awakening is needed. We’ve lost the battle for this culture. We cannot lose the war for our souls.” (4:48-4:56)
- “We have to stop pretending that we as a Church are in some Second Pentecost or an emerging springtime. We most decidedly are not – not yet. ” (5:20-5:28)
- “Shine, my brother and sister Catholics; shine brightly. Our moment is fast approaching.” (6:39-6:45)
In a June 14, 2011 video titled “The End of America,” Voris predicted the doom of the US (and Western civilization as it now stands), stated that the Catholic Church is the only body that stands for truth, and predicted that faithful Catholics would rebuild civilization after the present order collapses. He said:
- “The real war is a war over truth – a clash of orthodoxies, wherein one is totally committed to the reality of objective truth, and the other is totally committed to its eradication. ... No civilization can survive when it is at war over the fundamental reason for its own existence – and make no mistake, that is the battle currently being waged. And again, make no mistake, this battle always ends the same way – the forces of evil prevail, unless the one single access that humanity has to the truth steps up and does its job. Today, as and always, no other body except the Catholic Church declares to the world that there is objective truth rooted in the realm of the Divine, and man is obliged to follow that truth or is doomed to extinction. ” (2:42-3:42)
- “Once the rot set in, there is no turning back. The only question now is what does the Church do ... as the lights go out all over Western civilization.” (4:47-5:00)
- “An empire that murders its own children, whose population is self-absorbed and lusts after little else other than being entertained, whose economy is rushing headlong into unsustainable debt – this empire is on the short course to self-extinction. The faithful Catholics remaining – however few – need to be prepared to emerge from the rubble and once again, rebuild. We did it after Rome; we will do it again. But as in the days of Rome, there will be martyrs. No empire goes quietly into the night.” (5:07-5:39)
In “Time to Get Serious,” a video posted on his YouTube channel on January 5, 2012, Voris reiterated his expectation of social collapse followed by a Catholic-led reconstruction:
- “We can get our marching orders as Catholics right from the Holy Father himself. On New Year’s Day, he said the following, ‘It seems as if a shadow has fallen over our time.’ He couldn’t be more correct.” (0:24-0:37)
- “The old world is collapsing. Major changes, huge transformations, are in the offing, and coming very soon. Some of them are already beginning. ... It’s now widely believed, for example, that the Euro will no longer exist come the spring, if not sooner. The fall and the crash of the Euro will have far-reaching and near-calamitous effects throughout the entire global economy, but most especially in the West.” (2:18-2:43)
- “A new world, a new way of people being in relationship to each other as a society is forming behind the scenes. The exact nature of this new world is not yet known, at least from us here on earth, but from all the early indications, it’s almost a certainty that whoever emerges to take the lead, so to speak, will not be happily disposed toward the Catholic Church. All societal markers right now point to a new world, or at least a transitional world, that will continue to isolate the Catholic Church and marginalize her, certainly in the culture at large and most likely in the implementation of laws, as well. Last year, the Holy Father compared the collapse of the Roman Empire to the transformation going on in our own time, as we pass from the old world to the new. His words, which linked the collapse of Rome to today’s Western civilization are, ‘The sun was setting over an entire world.’ It’s beyond dispute that the lights are going out all over the world in our own day as well. ” (2:47-3:46)
- “What does this mean for the Church? We know that she will survive until the end of time; our Blessed Lord has promised that. What we don’t know is what form that will take.... What this means is that Catholics must now concern themselves with one thing, and one thing only: the preservation of the Faith in the rapidly descending New Dark Ages.” (3:49-4:30)
- “What can emerge as the world falls apart is a new and more vibrant Church that today seems only like a fantasy, but in the end will come forth from the carnage to once again shape human destiny. ... In this war, there is no détente. You are either on the winning side or the losing side.” (4:53-5:22)
The RealCatholicTV.com mission statement makes it seem that the enterprise is speaking for, and with, the Church. They say, “The mission of RealCatholicTV.com is to promote the faith given to humanity by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, God and the Messiah. This faith is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church led by the heir of Saint Peter, Pope Benedict XVI. RealCatholicTV.com aims to provide everyone with means to increase their personal holiness through catechesis and evangelization about the truth of the Christian faith. We aim to convert non-Catholics to the faith founded personally by Jesus Christ.”
The Church Administration in the US is of two minds regarding Voris’ TV programming. In April 2011, the Catholic Diocese of Scranton stated that “Mr. Voris will not be allowed to speak in a Diocesan or parish facility. After these engagements were scheduled, the Diocese became aware of concerns about this individual’s views regarding other religious groups. In videos posted on the Internet, Mr. Voris makes comments that certainly can be interpreted as being insensitive to people of other faiths.” In January 2012, the Archdiocese of Detroit (where Voris lives and works) stated, “The Archdiocese of Detroit has been consistent in its statements to and about Real Catholic TV since the fall of 2008. ... it does not have the authorization required under Church law to identify or promote itself as Catholic.” Voris’ defenders argue that jurisdiction over RealCatholicTV is with the Diocese of Fort Wayne/South Bend in Indiana, since this is where Marc Brammer, the owner and financier of RealCatholicTV, lives; the Church authorities there have not objected to the content of RealCatholicTV.
 Michael Voris, “Time to Get Serious,” LINK, 5:02-5:05
 Michael Voris, “Hope for the End,” August 9, 2010, LINK.
 Michael Voris, “The End of America,” June 14, 2011, LINK
 Michael Voris, “Time to Get Serious,” January 5, 2012, LINK
 RealCatholicTV.com, “Our Mission Statement,” LINK
 The Diocese of Scranton, “Statement Regarding Michael Voris,” April 7, 2011, LINK
 Archdiocese of Detroit, “Need for Statement on Real Catholic TV,” January 3, 2012, LINK
 John-Henry Westen, “Archdiocesan canon lawyers differ on asking RealCatholicTV.com to drop ‘Catholic’ name,” Jan. 9, 2012, LINK
Mr. Michael Voris Position on Jews and Judaism
Then, there is Voris’ video on the Jews, also posted in August 2010 – and still available through the RealCatholic channel on Youtube.
- Voris denounced prejudice against those of the Jewish race as anti-Semitism (0:48-0:59).
- He then distinguished between Jewish race and Jewish religion (1:06-1:17).
- Voris said that with the fall of the Jerusalem Temple in 70AD, “the Jewish faith ceased being what it had been” up until that time (1:23-1:31). He claimed that the major hallmarks of the Jewish religion until 70 AD “had been that they had a Temple, and offered sacrifice. The entire religion was focused on this one singular point” (1:33-1:46). He adds, “they also had a king and land, which helped them form into a religious nation.” (1:46-1:51) As a result of the Roman destruction of the Temple, “the Jews as the religion of the Covenant no longer existed. Gone was the Temple, Temple sacrifice, and the Jewish priesthood. These were the hallmarks, the essential, non-debatable aspects of being a religious Jew.” (1:51-2:07)
[This is an astounding characterization of the Jewish religion. Pagan religions had temples and priests, and offered sacrifices; what was distinctive about the Jewish religion was their worship of one living, beneficent, all-powerful God, and their total rejection of idolatry. The Davidic monarchy had been overthrown when Babylon occupied Jerusalem in 586 BC, and that monarchy never again held a temporal kingdom. The Jews lost their national independence to Rome in 63BC, more than 130 years before the events of 70 AD. How could a king and a land have been the defining points of Covenant Judaism? One wonders where Voris got his history!]
- Voris added, “What replaced it in history is what has come down to us today: Rabbinical Judaism. This is not the Judaism of the Covenant. It is a man-made religion.” (2:13-2:23)
- Instead, Voris says that “the promise of the Covenant is fulfilled in the Catholic Church. We are the continuation of Israel. There is an unbroken line from Abraham to us.” (2:50-3:01).
- He adds, “only a few former members of the Covenant stayed faithful. The vast majority rejected the Covenant, as is highlighted when their leaders scream out, ‘We have no king but Caesar.’ The Covenant was continued in a few Jews who remained faithful to it by recognizing the Messiah.” (3:26-3:41) Furthermore, “the Covenant was never abandoned by God; it was abandoned by the overwhelming number of people called to it” (3:47-3:52) when they failed to accept Jesus as the Messiah.
- These Jews, according to Voris, “started a man-made religion” (4:14-4:16). Voris concludes that “Rabbinical Judaism – today’s Jewish religion – is to authentic Judaism what Protestantism is to Catholicism. It looks a lot like it sometimes, but at its core, it’s very different.” (4:17-4:28).
 Michael Voris, “The Jews,” RealCatholicTV Youtube channel, LINK
Once again we say: Maybe the Jewish leadership (3) and the non-Catholic neoconservatives in the US should pay attention to this. These people - the followers of Escriva - are (4a) (4b) (4c), as the saying goes, "playing for keeps." Anyone who may think that Opus Dei is their trustworthy ally had better think twice. (5)
(1) The Catholic King Syndrome - Part I
(3) The Final Solution - Part 2
(4a) Opus Dei in US Government
(4b) Opus Dei in World Power Centers
(4c) A few examples of their "extracurricular activities".
(5) Waking up to the reality that the apparent Opus Dei allies are only being used by them.
Published on February 4, 2012
© Copyright 2012 - 2019 by The M+G+R Foundation. All rights reserved. However, you may freely reproduce and distribute this document as long as: (1) Appropriate credit is given as to its source; (2) No changes are made in the text without prior written consent; and (3) No charge is made for it.
The M+G+R Foundation
About Us and Frequently Asked Questions
PAGE of INTRODUCTION to DOMAIN
HOME PAGE - Español
HOME PAGE - Portugues
Back Up HOME PAGE
Our Research Department
Please Note: If the above dated image does not appear on this document, it means that you are not viewing the original document from our servers. Should you have reason to doubt the authenticity of the document, we recommend that you access our server again and click on the "Refresh" or "Reload" button of your Browser to view the original document.